Board meeting minutes
To access the full text of Board meeting minutes, members can log in to the membership portal and select Groups and then Members, or contact the Secretary at email@example.com.
Board Meeting Summaries
- On August 25, 2021, the Board of Trustees:
- Reviewed the latest updates to the re-entry plan, discussed next steps for addressing unhoused people on the property, and received some good financial news, including the forgiveness of our PPP loan and two new grants.
- Recieved a quarterly finance presentation from the Treasurer, with a focus on lessons learned from the past year and the need for a consistent focus on growing our income.
- Worked with Unity Consulting to choose a ‘powerful question’ that will shape our upcoming congregational conversations about the future of our church.
- On June 16, 2021, the Board of Trustees:
- Elected a new president, Neil Manzulllo, and vice president, Cathy Tortorici.
- Discussed plans to move forward with hybrid in-person and virtual services beginning September 12.
- Asked the Executive Team to conduct a membership analysis which will include reasonable estimates of the church’s voting and non-voting members, and help us prepare for a conversation about what it means to be a member.
- Given the positive feedback from the congregation, decided to move forward with the plan to update the church goals, and discussed next steps.
- On May 19, 2021, the Board of Trustees:
- Approved the agenda for the Annual Meeting to be held on June 6.
- Discussed the on-going process of creating a plan for re-opening.
- Heard from Mysa School staff about the impact that unhoused guests have had on their operations.
- Approved the budget recommended by the Executive Team and Treasurer, with the addition of $25,000 toward additional salary increases, and also affirmed the church’s commitment to address pay inequities.
- On April 28, 2021, the Board of Trustees:
- Received updates from the Treasurer on the church’s finances for the third quarter.
- Discussed the most recent draft of the FY22 budget, touching on the congregation’s main priorities, including minimizing the deficit and bringing staff salaries into compliance with UUA guidelines.
- Decided to have a conversation with the congregation about whether to update the church’s Goals next year.
- Passed a groundbreaking set of updates to incorporate the 8th Principle into All Souls’ Policy Governance Framework.
- For full meeting minutes, please contact Board Secretary MJ Crom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On March 24, 2021, the Board of Trustees
- met and discussed topics including the unhoused guests sleeping in the church’s portico, the new security policy, and executive limitations.
- On February 24th, the Board of Trustees:
- Received a presentation from the Executive Director of the first highlights from the FY2022 budget proposal, which included considerations for the re-opening of the church, technology updates, the 200th Anniversary celebration, committees, programs, and personnel.
- Decided to extend the interim ministry period by one year and to hold discernment sessions with the Congregation to explore alternatives to having a solo Senior Minister, such as having two co-equal ministers. Decided not to move forward at this time with the recommendation to hire a co-equal contract minister, but emphasized the need to hire a minister of color.