To build the Beloved Community, All Souls cultivates and celebrates . . .
Photo by Andrea Foss
Watch a slideshow of the renovation project's progress.
This past week:
- Work continued on new ductwork, plumbing and mechanical systems.
- A decision was made to move the Casey Tree planting event to Saturday, November 1.
- The first cherry tree in front of the church was cut down.
- The old safe room on the main level was demolished and removed.
- A salvage company removed extra doors, several windows, and old lighting units.
- Work will continue on mechanical and plumbing work.
- The stairwell from the lower level to the front lawn will be removed.
- The inventory of the condition of all existing doors and hardware will begin.
- A security consultant is again reviewing bids for security infrastructure work in the building. The low bidder was rejected because of the firm’s Social Justice Score.
- The second cherry tree will be removed from the front lawn. We will salvage cuttings and the trunk from the tree.
- Staff will be working with a consultant to identify long-term rental opportunities for the church.
- Steamfitters will start their work on steam pipes in the building.
- Restoration work will begin along the 16th street side of the church.
- Preparation work will begin for roof repairs.
- Work on installation of the sprinkler system will start.
- Construction of the elevator shaft will begin.
Keep up to date with all aspects of the Third Century Challenge project.