Summer Religious Education Program
- K – 5th Graders will be “Exploring Our UU Principles through the World of Leo Lionni.” We will do this exploration through art, drama, games, nature and songs as we have fun learning about the meanings of our UU Principles. This class meets in the gym.
- Preschoolers (2-4 year olds) meet in the Spirit Room, where they too will experience children’s stories related to UU Principles. There are always physical and “hands on” activities to engage the younger children. Summer help is needed.
- We continue to provide Nursery Care for Babies - 2 year olds. If you have a child who has already turned 2 we will begin to acclimate them to the Preschool class in July and August.
We need adult Volunteers to help with the summer program. Middle and High Schoolers are encouraged to help as well. Please contact Dolores to sign up.
Opportunities for Fall
- Leading Learner (Teacher) - Several Preschool spots available.
- Weekday Help – sorting, cleaning and organizing supplies.
- Sunday Class Substitutes
- Sunday Morning Greeter
Contact Dolores to volunteer
Other Upcoming Events
- Fri., Aug. 1 – Mon., Aug, 11: All Souls Pilgrimage to Japan with Youth Delegation
- Sun., Aug. 24: Intergenerational Animal Blessing – Children will attend the service – Nursery care for babies – 2 year olds
- Sat., Sep. 13: Teacher Orientation. Approximate timing 9:30 am – 1:30 pm; a breakdown of the schedule is forthcoming.
- Stay tuned for updates on happenings in the fall and beyond.
If you have other questions, feel free to contact Dolores Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org; 202-517-1469).
Welcome to CRE!
- Dolores Miller, Interim Children’s Religious Education Director
- Jalila Simmons, Children's Religious Education Program Assistant
- Eric Torelli, Children's Religious Education Program Assistant
- James Ploeser, Youth Coordinator
- Constance Ofori, Childcare Provider
- Kimberly Adams, Childcare Provider
CRE registration information
The 2014-2015 registration form will be available on this website soon. You must register your child(ren) for all classes, Nursery through High School. Ours is a cooperative program, so all parents/guardians must volunteer in some way. If you need a financial waiver, please contact Dolores Miller (email@example.com; 202-517-1469). There is no waiver on volunteering. See Volunteer Opportunities above.
Religious Education Committee
The Religious Education Committee embodies congregational responsibility for the religious education for children and youth by articulating directions and supporting the professional and volunteer staff in realizing the goals of the program.
Meeting once a month with the Interim Director of Children's Religious Education, committee members articulate the direction and design of the religious education program by listening to parents and congregants, planning and implementing religious education events, supporting training sessions, and working with other adults in the wider congregation to build a religious community.
- Steph Aduso (2015) Co-Chair
- Evan Baker (2015) Co-Chair
- Jennifer Abercrombie (2016)
- Jody Feldman (2016)
- Carolynn Fowler-Smith (2014)
- Anne Herr (2015)
- Marah Stets (2015)
- Lowell Ungear (2015)
- Anne Womer (2016)